Friday, January 09, 2009

Wedding gifts

I never thought I would ever be grateful for duplicate wedding gifts until last night. I was in the middle of making waffles and I burnt one. No one burns waffles, unless it is the last one and you forget. Stan also came home from work about the same time so I thought I must have missed the light and is started cooking again. But the next waffle took 20 minutes and it was still not done. I remembered that I had recieve a waffle iron for our wedding and hadn't used it yet. So I pulled it out and dinner was saved. Who says duplicate wedding gifts are no good. Thanks to whom ever gave it to us 6 1/2 years ago.

2 comments:

buttercup said...

I use my 2 waffle makers that I got for our wedding to make the waffles quicker. It goes so much faster when you have the 2 working for you. Especially when there are 7 hungry people to feed, but I actually think I used both of them early on before we had so many. It just goes so much faster.

Erin said...

Sounds like I'll have to get a waffle iron, they sound good. Thanks a ton for your encouragement. Thankfully, Ethan is not having problems with Kevin. He's quite intrigued by him. He's just crying out for attention more. We are doing the best we can, and we have prayed alot with Ethan. Oh, the things you learn as a parent.