Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's a . . .

SO we went and had our ultrasound. It was a really neat experience. Since our crazy insurance does not cover the doctor's office who delivered Emma and Tyson we were forced to find another one. At this doctor's office there is not a technician who does the ultra sound, it is the doctor himself. He explained everything he was doing and why. He showed us the placenta, spine, heart, kidneys, and numerous other things. I never realized that they can tell so many things just from the ultrasound. He looked at the baby's heart to see if there were any defects, he checked for cysts on the brain and measured it's head. He checked the lengths of the legs bones and all kinds of things. It was really neat.



So I bet you all are wondering what we are having. Well, some of you know that we were debating this issue since we first found our we were pregnant. It has been a had decision for me. With Emma, I was knew without a doubt she was a girl. I was pretty sure Tyson was a boy and the ultrasound just confirmed my suspicions. Well, with this baby, I had not a clue. I would think it was a boy because the baby is still really low, and I have heartburn really bad. Then I would think it was a girl because we have come up with a bunch of different girl names. So I decided I did not want to know until the baby got here because we have stuff for either one and it would be fun to not know for just one of our kids and be suprised with it came. Stan on the other hand was insistant we find out because he had not clue either! So the doctor asked us if we wanted to know as he got started. Stan and I looked at each other and he said yes and I said no. The doctor just laughed. Well neither of us really had a say because the baby decided for us. It made sure it's bumb was right there when the doctor put the thingy on my stomach. Sorry for the lack of termanology. So we are having a GIRL!!! We are really excited. It is still weird because I have not recieved direct confirmation that it is a girl like with the other two. The funny thing is neither is Stan. So we are going to keep a boy name in reserve just in case. Emma is SSSSSSOOOOOO excited. When the doctor said that is was a girl, she got soo excited! She has been insisting that we are having a girl for months. So she says "See mom, I told you!!!" Emma is a crazy girl. Then about halfway through she asks if it is still a girl and we said yes. She said "Good! Just making sure." She wanted it to be a girl so bad that if it wasn't a girl I am sure she would have thrown a fit right there. We are excited and all looks great with the baby.

Here is a picture of the baby's arms together.


This picture is my favorite. This is the baby looking right at us. We tried to get a profile shot of her but she would rather look at us a wave. In case you cannot see it, the top of her head is to your left, the dark spot, and her mouth is open to the right.

6 comments:

Kayla said...

Yay! Congratulations. That's great. My nieces were the same way Emma was. They insisted it was a girl, lucky for them, it was a girl too! Otherwise they would have been pretty mad.

Trevor and Jamie said...

I didn't even know you were expecting! CONGRATS!!

Amber said...

Congratulations! A little girl will be a sweet addition to your beautiful family.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

yay, congratulations!

Deneal said...

Trust the siblings. They always know. Congratulations on increasing your amount of bows and dolls and drama in the house.

Leslie said...

Yay!! Congratulations you guys!